Modernization and globalization inevitably demolish the old for new. In other words, some historical buildings and properties will eventually vanish if we do not preserve them. Through acquisition of these invaluable historical properties and transforming them into culture hotels, we preserve their authenticity and cultural aura, allowing our future generations to appreciate the history, lifestyle, and arts and crafts of the local people.
Silk Road Hotel Management Co Ltd aims to offer culture lovers a memorable stay at our hotels that have character and soul, the hotels capture the cultural spirit of the destination by combining conventional hotel services with elements from our cultural heritage. The flagship hotel of the group Silk Road Dunhuang Hotel, in spectacular Han and Tang architectural style, is a showcase property built against the backdrop of the rolling sand dunes in Dunhuang, China. Other hotels include: the artistic Lusongyuan Hotel arrayed in a traditional quadrangle compound inside a "Hutong" in Beijing; Pingjiang Lodge, Suzhou, which preserves the indigenous architecture of the Ming Dynasty; Baicao Hermitage, Shaoxing, is oozed with Jiangnan cultural ambience; In Huangshan, Xidi Travel Lodge is transformed from residential houses dating back to the Ming and Qing dynasties for the experience of southern Anhui culture, while Tunxi Lodge is set at the ancient commercial street of Song, Ming, and Qing dynasties.
Each culture hotel takes in the best of regional Chinese culture, from the past and present, to offer guests an enriching and enlightening stay.
Culture Hotels of the Group
- Lusongyuan Hotel: located in the Hutong area in Beijing, the hotel is a traditional compound of quadrangle composing of 5 courtyards where you can experience the traditional Beijing lifestyle.
- Pingjiang Lodge: located in Suzhou, Jiangsu Province, it was once the Residence of the Fang Family in the Ming Dynasty.
- Tunxi Lodge: located in the Lou Street in Huangshan, Anhui Province, once a prosperous market place during Song, Ming and Qing dynasties.
- Xidi Travel Lodge: Xidi, a UNESCO World Heritage site in Huangshan, Anhui Province. The hotel is converted from residential houses of Ming and Qing dynasties for the experience of southern Anhui culture.
- Baicao Hermitage: located at the Lu Xun Native Place in Shaoxing, Zhejiang Province, it restores the characteristics of a local residence dating back to the late Qing Dynasty.
- The Silk Road Dunhuang Hotel: set in the midst of the Gobi desert in Dunhuang, Gansu Province, the hotel is built in spectacular architectural style of Han and Tang dynasties while blending in the authentic Ming Dynasty furniture